Skip to main content

How to Market: ART - An Artist's Guide to Simple, Cheap and Effective Online Marketing

I've been a marketing "expert" for a while. I use the term expert very loosely, but I know more than the average bear on what it takes to market effectively, affordably and reasonably online.

I'm also an artist, so I've put these practices into place.

Here's what I've found:

-You do NOT need to pay for fancy artist-only sites to host your online  presence

-You DO need more than just a Facebook page (come on people, professionals have websites and you should, too)

-You do NOT need to pay for online ads, PPC, retargeting, etc.

-You DO need some sort of social media presence

-You do NOT need to do long-winded blogs posts

-You DO need to post somewhere (blog or website) at least 3x per month and be able to share those posts


Now, do you need a special domain?

YES!

Always own your own name. Always, always, always.

Plus, you should have a site that is branded.

By this I mean if you are a watercolorist specializing in florals, you should have a site or blog branded as Floral Watercolors by Jane Smith.

This way if someone is searching for floral watercolors, they can find you.

They may not know to search for Jane Smith. Get me?


How do you get traffic to this wonderful website, you ask?

That's another matter entirely, but here are a few quick ways:

Post your art with your website on the actual image. For example:


VS.


See the difference?

One shows the are (somewhat) and my site, one is just the image and requires a little text/URL to get WHERE you can see more of this.

People are lazy.

Make it easy and put your name/URL on the images you post-- at least some of them.

More art marketing tips next time!

See more of my art at...you guessed it


NEED SOME MORE EXPOSURE FOR YOUR ART?

If you're interested in getting branding and some stellar PR and marketing for your creations, check out: http://www.getyourspotlight.com

Done for you and DIY marketing and branding options!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Paint with Acrylics - Painting Tutorial - Creating Textured Art ...

How to Paint with Acrylics - Painting Tutorial  - Creating Textured Art ... Learn how to create original textured art painting from scratch. http://www.facetimeart.com ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtLovebyKaren

Unboxing Art Supplies - New Paint Set -

Unboxing Art Supplies - New Paint Set I just got this and I thought I'd share... If you're just starting out this is a killer set of paints. Good quality plus lots of colors and pretty inexpensive (under $35). http://www.facetimeart.com/artsupplies.htm Create to your heart's content - I'm going to! http://www.facetimeart.com/artsupplies.htm **Be sure to sign up for my ART INSIDERS - free print every month!** People often ask what I'm using and where to get it, so here's a few items...I'll be adding more ... (amazon links - yes, I'll get a $ nugget if you purchase which will help me fund and create more tutorials.) Link: http://www.facetimeart.com/artsupplies.htm